Carmel-by-the-Sea is our gorgeous destination on the California coast, and even when it rains there are plenty of activities to enjoy. Here are a few ideas that might bring joy on the next rainy day in Carmel, and there are plenty of those coming!
1. Visit the Carmel Art Association and Museums – The Carmel Art Association is the oldest gallery in Carmel and one of the oldest in America. It offers visitors a chance to view works from local artists as well as some internationally renowned names. This gallery is open seven days a week and admission is free! There is also the Monterey History and Art Association featuring Salvador Dali Exhibition, and the Monterey Museum of Art.
2. Go shopping – A trip through downtown Carmel provides a unique opportunity for shopping with boutiques featuring everything from jewelry and clothing to antiques and souvenirs
3. Take a class at Carmel Barre – Carmel Barre offers a variety of classes in ballet, yoga and Pilates! As much as we love outdoor exercise in our beautiful environment, Carmel is fully equipped with excellent gyms and studios for working out indoors.
4. Indulge in hot chocolate and baked goods at one of our many bakeries – a few favorites include Carmel Bakery, Rise & Roam, and Lafayette. If you would like to venture up to Monterey, check out Paris Bakery and my favorite, Parker Lusseau(best almond croissant around, tastes like Paris!)
5. Enjoy a Movie at the Del Monte Center – We have a great movie theatre located a few miles up Highway 1 in Monterey, next to an outdoor mall with decent restaurants. With a proper rain coat, you can turn this into a fun outing!
6. Visit the Carmel Valley Historical Society – The Carmel Valley Historical Society is the perfect place to learn about the area’s history and culture, even on a rainy day. This small museum features interactive displays, photographs, and artifacts from the area’s past.
Hope you enjoy some of these ideas in your next pursuit of a rainy adventure in Carmel. How beautiful is this sunset photo at Carmel Beach after a rainy day?