Fall is my favorite season in Carmel-by-the-Sea. The weather is perfect, the leaves are changing color, and there are plenty of things to do! In this blog post, we will share with you 7 picks for things to do in Carmel this fall. From exploring the farmers markets to playing golf at sunset, there is something for everyone! We hope you enjoy this beautiful time of year as much as we do.
1. Visit a bakery or coffee shop: Fall is the perfect time to cozy up with a warm cup of coffee or tea. There are plenty of great bakeries and coffee shops in Carmel, so take your pick! My favorite is Carmel Bakery, in business in the same building since 1899, the early days of Carmel. Pretty impressive!
2. Explore the farmers markets: There is nothing like fresh, seasonal produce. The Carmel-by-the-Sea farmers market in particular has my attention this season with wonderful local artist popups, great music, incredible bread from Ad-Astrada Bakery and Devendorf Park right there to sit and enjoy your delicious fresh bite.
3. Try a new restaurant: With the cooler weather comes the perfect opportunity to try a new restaurant! There are always plenty of great options to choose from in Carmel, but a couple of new and noteworthy restaurants we are looking forward to trying are Foray and Alejandro’s just up Highway 1 in Monterey.
4. Play golf at sunset: The Fall sunsets in Carmel are breathtaking, and golfing at golden hour is the perfect way to round out a great day. We have world class golf courses in the area, so tee off and enjoy the views!
5. Go on a beach walk: One of our favorite things to do in Carmel is take a leisurely stroll on the beach, or near it on Scenic or Asilomar Blvd walking trail if you don’t much care for sand like me. The cool, crisp air is invigorating and the views cannot be appropriately described. Don’t forget to bring a warm jacket! REI is right up Highway 1 in Marina if you need a great puffy jacket.
6. Visit a pumpkin patch: It’s not fall without pumpkins! Earthbound Farms has a beautiful pumpkin patch, so impressive that we had to make a video out of it.
7. Go hiking: With the cooler weather comes the perfect opportunity to explore some of Carmel’s great hiking trails! One of our favorites is the Garland Ranch Regional Park, where you can find yourself among beautiful redwoods and oaks.
Hope you enjoy this Fall season in Carmel!
– Zach Brooksher