Christmas and New Year’s Eve seem like hand-in-glove. One joyous event leads to the celebration and calling of a new year. This New Year’s eve there are quite a few activities in our area. Here are 8 Monterey Peninsula New Year’s Eve Events to get you started.
Monterey Peninsula New Year’s Eve Events
- The Hyatt’s Pacific Edge in Carmel is offering a special New Year’s Eve dinner for $140 per person. Two seatings—one at 5:30 p.m. and one at 8 p.m.—give you the flexibility you need to get in on fine dining and fun. Phone (831) 622-5445 for reservations, or visit the reservations page on their website.
- The Carmel Valley Ranch usually offers up something spectacular on New Year’s Eve! Click this link for a sample menu. To find out what’s happening this New Year’s Eve, please call (831) 626 2599, or visit their site here.
- Monterey’s The Sardine Factory is an institution here. It has won many local awards, and a few national ones, including one of the 2015 Top 10 Seafood Restaurants in the US. They offer special nights out for all of the holidays, including New Year’s Eve. To find out more about the big night, phone (831) 373-3775 or visit their reservations page.
- You and your family can enjoy several all-ages events at First Night Monterey. The activities run from 3 p.m. right through to midnight, and include First Act for the Young – Kids Night Out, The Second Act: The Main Event, and Finale Performance – New Year’s Eve Countdown. Except for children under five, who are admitted free, you’ll need to buy buttons for the over 20 venues available. Head to this website to purchase yours in advance.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium has a great idea for this New Year’s Eve: New Year’s Eve Seashore Sleepover. This all-ages events (5 years to adult) kick-starts the night at 9 p.m. with a sparkling cider toast. There will be all sorts of family activities and programs. They recommend you reserve early, as space is limited.
- At the Embassy Suites Monterey Bay you can ring in the New Year in style, with music by the Joe Sharino Band. This semi-formal/formal event, called Getaway To Monterey #12, features a three-course gourmet meal with a double entrée of filet mignon and salmon fillet. Tickets can be purchase for Dinner & Dance, Dance Only, or Dinner, Dance, and Suite. Ticket prices range from $135 to $530 for an all-inclusive night and stay. For more details, or to reserve your spots now, please visit this website.
- Do you enjoy a good, cold pint? Then Bubbles and Brews A NYE Celebration is for you! This Monterey celebration takes place at the Alvarado Street Brewery. There will be several seatings, each priced at $130, or you can come to enjoy DJ and Dancing for $25. Dress code is business/casual for the night. As you need to reserve and RSVP before the night of, you’ll want to visit this website for more information and tickets.
- If you were out enjoying the night, you can enjoy Pacific Grove’s First Night on New Year’s Day. It’s an all-day event in the downtown area. Several participating businesses take part. Remember to “look for the Green flags”, as they signify participating businesses.
This list was accurate at the time of publication; please check directly with the venue(s) to ensure dates, times, and locations remain the same.