Are you looking for the best dog friendly hotels in Carmel? Carmel is crazy about dogs, so it wasn’t hard to find places to stay that welcome furry family members. We found the most accommodating places to stay in the area and a list of places that are happy to host you and your dog. Some list size restrictions, many charge an additional fee, but all are pleased to welcome your pup. While there is a substantial list in the Monterey Peninsula area, some lodging stands out as being an extra special place to stay with your best friend:
- Svendsgaard’s Inn welcomes a limit of two pets to each limited pet friendly guest room for $25 per pet, per night. Aggressive breeds are not allowed, and all pets must be well-groomed and vaccinated. The Inn provides a pet bed, blanket, food and water dishes for each pet, and they have crates and leashes you may borrow at no cost. Pet treats are available throughout the day. While pets may not stay unaccompanied in the rooms, pet sitting services can be arranged through the front desk. A lovely courtyard and pet pick-up station are available for your dog’s use. Ask for a pet friendly room when you book your stay. (rooms from mid $100’s + pet fee)
- Carmel Garden Inn is a beautiful B&B which welcomes one or two pets of any size with a $25 per pet, per night fee. They offer a comfortable pet bed, sheet, water bowl and treats for each dog. Some of the rooms have enclosed private patios to enjoy with your dog. Ask for a pet friendly room when you book your stay. (rooms from mid-high $100’s + pet fee)
- Cypress Inn, Co-owned by animal lover and advocate Doris Day, welcomes up to three dogs for fees of $30-75 per day depending on the number of dogs, and your pup is welcome throughout the Inn, including the restaurant and lounge. Offering pet bowls and blankets for every furry guest, the inn asks that pets not be left unattended in the room and offers pet-sitting information for when your canine companion has to stay behind. (rooms from $200’s + pet fee)
- Carmel Valley Ranch puts no limit on the size or number of pets, and for $150 per pet includes a pet bed, water bowl, and an amenity for each pet, and all their rooms are pet friendly. Well behaved dogs may stay unaccompanied in the room, but are also welcome to enjoy the nature trails, outdoor restaurant, and evening campfires with you. (rooms from mid-high $300’s + pet fee)
- Many chain hotels also welcome dogs for a fee in addition to the room charge. Try Best Western, Travelodge, and Hyatt Regency located in nearby Monterey to name a few.
We know you’re looking for places to stay that meet your needs and don’t just tolerate, but genuinely welcome and enjoy your canine companion. You’ll be pleased with any of our favorites, and be sure to check bringfido.com for accommodations here and further abroad: The site is regularly updated by users to ensure the most recent pet policies for all the lodging on their lists. If you know of other local hotels or Inns to add to our list, leave us a comment. We hope you and your pets enjoy your visit to our lovely town and find a home away from home at the wonderful dog friendly hotels and inns in Carmel. Happy Travels!