Do you have Christmas in your sightlines yet? Wondering what to do? This is the second of three articles on the many events and attractions available this year, organized by area. This post covers events celebrating Christmas in Monterey. You can read about the events celebrating Christmas in Carmel CA here.
Christmas in Monterey
- The spectacular annual Cannery Row Holiday Tree Lighting takes place on November 27th this year. It’s the 21st annual such event, it’s free, and of course it’s family-friendly. Here’s a link to the event page.
- Feeling bright, like a bright light? Then you and your family may want to head to the harbor on December 6th at Custom House Plaza for the Brighten the Harbor Boat Parade 2015! This lighted boat parade takes place from 5:30-8 p.m. For all the details, please check out See Monterey’s web page.
- Do you miss Christmas’ past? You don’t need to! On December 11th or 12th, enjoy Christmas in the Adobes. From 5-9 p.m., stroll through the streets of Historic Downtown Monterey. Tickets and information here.
- Did you know there were Elves in Training? It’s true, and MyMuseum has you and your kids covered. All little elves, ages 3-5, can come out and play. There will be stories, costumes, a visit by Sprinkles and Twinkles, and much more. The date is December 13, and the location, Washington Street. Here are more details.
- Have you decided you’ll treat yourself and your family to Christmas dinner this year? There are lots of great choices in Monterey. Here are just two: Jacks, at the Portola Hotel & Spa, usually serves up breakfast, lunch and dinner on December 25th. Schooners Coastal Kitchen and Bar, with great views of the Bay, often has a special holiday menu on Christmas.
- Looking for something holiday-oriented the last day of the year; something that stretches all the way into the next year? Then you’ll want to head to First Night Monterey on December 31st. Events run from 3 p.m. right through to and beyond midnight. It’s happening in Historic Downtown Monterey. Details here.
What you see above is only party of the options for the Christmas season! Please watch for Part III of our event list over the next few days, where you can pick up many other happenings in our area in December. This list was accurate at the time of publication; please check directly with the venue(s) to ensure dates, times, and locations remain the same. Photo Credit