Swim, bike, run: this is the stuff of triathletes. Endurance, excellence, and love of fitness all play their parts too. On the weekend of June 10-12, as part of Tri-California Events, the Triathlon @ Pacific Grove takes place. Athletes have a choice: they can swim, bike, and run the official respective Olympic distances, or choose to do the Sprint. There is also a separate 5K and 10K Run for Our Service Men and Women events. Whether you’re thinking of participating or supporting and cheering, following are a few more details to get you in the game.
Olympic Distance – Saturday, June 11, 2016
- Swim – The location of the swim is at Monterey Bay Marine Sanctuary, Lovers Point. The distance: 1.5K.
- Bike – An amazing “ocean backdrop looped course” on the Monterey Peninsula. The distance is 40K.
- Run – Same wonderful course on the Peninsula, but with a running distance of 10K.
Sprinting Distance – Sunday, June 12, 2016
- Swim – The location is the same as for the Olympic version, but the distance is .25 miles.
- Bike – Same course as above, with an “on road” cycling distance here of 20K.
- Run – The distance for the on road sprint is 2 miles.
For those who want to support our service men and women, the 10K run “out and back” course along the Peninsula takes place on the Saturday, while the 5K run will be done on the Sunday.
Registration fees depend on age, event, and athletic level. The prices range from as little as $32 for any single leg of the Youth Relay Sprint, to $150 for the Adult Olympic Distance Triathlon. All registration details can be found here. For general information, please visit the race’s main website.
If you can’t participate in the event, but want to do a little more than cheer on the athletes, you can volunteer! To find out more about these opportunities, please visit this Web page.
This list was accurate at the time of publication; please check directly with the venue(s) to ensure dates, times, and locations remain the same.