Do you have Christmas in your sights yet? Wondering what to do? Here are some of the best events and attractions available this year in Carmel, CA and the Monterey Peninsula. Have you decorated your house and put up Christmas lights yet? Check out this new company that makes Really Big Lights. Enjoy your holiday, and be very safe!
Christmas in Carmel CA
- On December 4th, take in the annual Holiday Tree Lighting and Carmel Plaza Holiday Party. Activities begin at 4:30 p.m., and one of the highlights of those will be when Mayor Jason Burnett lights the tree at 5:45 p.m. Head to Devendorf Park with the family in tow, and then later, to Carmel Plaza. More information can be found here.
- December 4th and 5th, enjoy Smuin Ballet: The Christmas Ballet. A special treat for everyone, it plays out at the Sunset Center. Visit the event’s website for information or tickets.
- December 8th and 9th, tour Christmas in the Adobes. The twenty adobe buildings in Monterey will be decorated appropriately, and ready for your walking tour.
- December 9th 8am-11am – Jingle Bell Run with Santa – Run through Pacific Grove with your families and Santa Clause. 5k run.
- Closer to the big day, enjoy an annual favorite at the Sunset Center: The Nutcracker. Opening night is December 8th, but the show runs for three days. Click here for information or tickets.
- Imagine… a Sugar Plum Fairy Party with The Nutcracker Performance! This one’s really special. Following that, the Dance Kids of Monterey County will perform the story of the Nutcracker, along with guest artists. More information is available here.
- Great list of Christmas Dinners here.
This list was accurate at the time of publication; please check directly with the venue(s) to ensure dates, times, and locations remain the same.