With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we felt this the perfect time to talk about a few of the most romantic places on the Monterey Peninsula. Thinking of treating that special person to something exceptional? Maybe one of the following will give you an idea.
A special dinner is always nice. Our area has over 225 restaurants. A few of these, according to our sources, are just the ticket in terms of romance. Here are some of the most romantic places on the Monterey Peninsula:
- Chart House – Cannery Row. Featured in Best Food in Monterey, and winner of TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence, what more wonderful place to dine at than an establishment in historic Cannery Row, right in the harbor? You’ll want to reserve your table, and can do so by phoning (831) 372-3362 Or you can visit their website: chart-house.com/locations/monterey/.
- Montrio Bistro – Downtown Monterey. Another Certificate of Excellence winner, this well-known Monterey landmark features Chef Baker’s best of “European and American cuisines.” To reserve your place, phone (831) 648-8880, or have a look at their offerings here: montrio.com/.
- Aubergine – Carmel. Hard to be disappointed at this award-winning Carmel-by-the-Sea landmark. Executive Chef Cogley, Executive Pastry Chef Mendoza, and the rest of their professional staff will serve up an amazing culinary delight in a romantic and ambient setting. Visit their site at auberginecarmel.com/, or give them a call at (831) 624-8578 to reserve your table.Perhaps you have dinner worked out already, or just want to take a short trip to a romantic place? Many wonderful spots await you; some just steps away.
- Carmel Beach, Carmel Bay, and Tor House. We’re surrounded by beauty. You know how lovely the drive along Scenic Road and around the tip of Carmel Point is. Add in Tor House as part of your trip, and you are truly indulging in a romantic getaway. Tor House was built by the poet Robinson Jeffers. There are frequent tours. If you have the time, you’ll want to visit the gardens and take in some of Jeffers’ work.
- Point Lobos State Natural Reserve. This is California’s ‘crown jewel’. What in nature could so lift your spirits and heart, and let you feel in touch with yourself and that special someone with you? An inspiration for countless poets, artists, photographers, and writers, this is truthfully an amazing trip to make. You may want to do a little planning first, so check the weather, and then head over to their website: http://www.pointlobos.org/.
- Lovers Point Park. A natural! Operated by the city of Pacific Grove, this popular park system is accessed on Ocean View Boulevard. Although great for the whole family, a romantic picnic for two may be just what you’re looking for. To find out more about Lovers Point, you can visit the City of Pacific Grove’s website, or have a look at this See Monterey website.So there are amazing, beautiful, and romantic spots nearby, and fabulous dining experiences. If you’d like to get out of the house for a night or two, our area has several delightful hotels, inns, and spas.
- Carmel. Hard to choose from over 20 charming hotels and inns. Doris Day’s Cypress Inn comes in at or close to number 1 on a number of lists. It’s an appealing landmark Inn, with so many extras to offer. From the décor to Terry’s Restaurant & Lounge. Check out their website, or phone them at (800) 443-7443.
- Monterey. There are quite a few ‘top five’ or ‘top ten’ most romantic hotel lists for Monterey. Oyster.com has one, Expedia another, and of course TripAdvisor has a list. The Spindrift Inn comes up constantly on many lists. It has a fantastic location and views, quite a history, and beautiful accommodations. To find out more or book your getaway, click the link for the website, or phone (800) 841-1879.
- Pebble Beach. According to Romantic Carmel Coast, Casa Palmero beckons “you in with the promise of romance.” If that’s true, there can’t be any better choice for your romantic getaway! There’s a spa available, great dining, and over 20 private rooms with wood burning fireplaces. Because this is a romantic getaway, we won’t mention the golf unless a tee time for two is on your romance list! To reserve your room, call (800) 877-0597, or visit their website.
Let us know in the comments if we missed any of your most romantic places on the Monterey Peninsula.