Do you have Christmas in your sightlines yet? Wondering what to do? This is the last of three articles on the many events and attractions available this year, organized by area. This post covers events celebrating Christmas in Pacific Grove.
Christmas in Pacific Grove
- The annual Christmas Tree Lighting is on November 30th this year, beginning at 5:30 p.m. Grab the family and head to Jewell Park for the lighting, live entertainment, and yes, Santa! Please visit the event’s website for details.
- Just picture Victorian-era splendor, and you’ll soon be enjoying Christmas at the Inns. Travel back in time on December 1st and 2nd, and visit 10 Inns, all decked out for you. Limited tickets are available, so you may want to visit their special website
- Do you love a good parade? If you do, join many others that do as well at this year’s Parade of Lights. You and your family can start enjoying the activities at 6 p.m. on December 3rd. Featured this year will be marching bands, holiday floats, dance teams, equestrian groups, and yes, a visit by Santa Claus! Stores will remain open afterward, and there will be many other activities. Please check your Community website for more details.
- There’s still much more to do in your neighborhood! On December 5th, it’s the 22nd Annual Stillwell’s Fun in the Park Activities begin at 10 a.m. and run all day. In store this year at Caledonia Park will be tons of wintry fun! Santa will arrive on fire truck, Frosty and the Snow Queen will be in attendance, plus there will be all sorts of other fun activities for the whole family. For further information, please have a look at this website.
- On December 8th, you can attend the 55th Annual Anniversary Holiday Party and Pacific Grove Chamber of Commerce Mixer. The event runs from 5-8 p.m. at Lovers Point Inn (the Mermaid Beach House). Everyone gets a goody bag, plus there will be complimentary appetizers, beverages, an ocean-themed sheet cake, and more. You can get the all details right here.
- Can’t quite get Jingle Bells out of your head? Why don’t you run it off! This year’s Jingle Bell Run/Walk takes place on Saturday, December 12th, at Lovers Point Park. It’s billed as “the largest holiday 5K race series aimed to fight arthritis!” Your dogs are welcome too! For more information, visit the event page.
- One of the Christmas holiday highlights in Pacific Grove is Candy Cane Lane. The neighborhood becomes an annual favorite best seen at night, and one that’s certainly less busy weeknights. Everything lights up and sparkles as the big day arrives. We don’t have an exact start date for you, but suggest you keep checking their Facebook page, or the Chamber of Commerce.
What you see above is only party of the options for the Christmas season! Please look for our previous posts on Christmas in Carmel CA & Christmas in Monterey for a full calendar of Christmas cheer. Whatever you and your family choose to do for fun this holiday season, have a wonderful time and please enjoy yourself safely.
This list was accurate at the time of publication; please check directly with the venue(s) to ensure dates, times, and locations remain the same.